We hope this finds you well. Given the understandable concern over the recent rise of Coronavirus (COVID-19), we would like to share our preventative measures and policies regarding the virus. We would like you to know that we are doing everything we can to limit any possible spread of infection at this time.
The comprehensive care at Allied including chiropractic care, acupuncture, massage therapy, pilates and nutritional consultation are all proactive preventative measures that you can continue use to help boost your immune system, reduce pain, regulate hormones, reduce anxiety, and encourage sleep. If you suspect you have the virus, we cannot treat it and recommend you quarantine, or seek help with your primary care physician.
We are cleaning all of our rooms, treatment tables, doorknobs, phones, pens, and hard surfaces with Cavicide.
We are emphasizing to all of our staff and clients the important prevention steps that health officials strongly urge everyone to take:
- Stay home when you are sick, and keep your children at home when they are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in a covered trash container and wash your hands.
Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
We are asking all clients to please call us to cancel appointments if you have any symptoms of illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing) or if you are caring for someone who has these symptoms. You will not be charged for your appointment as long as we have advanced notice.
Other actions you can take that can meaningfully support your health and ability to fight illness:
- Get good sleep, and prioritize your self-care. Sleep is critical to optimal immune function. If you are sleep-deprived, you are not at your peak immunity.
- Eat nutrient-rich foods, and prioritize a healthy diet. Your diet provides building blocks used by your immune system to fight illness. Without those resources, your immune system will be weaker.
- Talk to your doctor about optimizing your vitamin D, Zinc, and Vitamin C levels (If you would like to set up an online account and have Whole Scripts products – formerly Xymogen – shipped directly to your home, please let us know). These nutrients are particularly important for optimal immune function and may be depleted in the typical diet, and in the winter depending on location.
Zinc – seafood, pumpkin seed, sea vegetables, beans, lentils and legumes.
Vitamin D – salmon, fatty fish, egg yolks, cheese (if tolerable), mushrooms.
Vitamin C – oranges, papayas, strawberries, kiwi, organic leafy green vegetables (spinach, bok choy, kale), broccoli, and bell peppers.
Vitamin A – liver, cod liver oil, mackerel, salmon; beta-carotene: sweet potato, winter squash, kale, collards, and carrots.
- Stay hydrated. Water is at the foundation of our health. Clean/filtered water consumed regularly helps keep our whole system functioning optimally, including our immune systems.
- Don’t panic! An outbreak is scary, but most people will experience COVID-19 as a mild illness. Prolonged, stress and anxiety inhibits immune function, so whether it is fear about the virus or excess stress at home or work, do what you can to give your system a break and restore.
- Exercise, acupuncture, nutritional and herbal supplements recommended by your healthcare practitioner, yoga, meditation, or whatever your “go-to” to unwind must take priority now. Take care of yourself. We would like to support you in your care”
What To Expect For Your Appointment?
The following instructions will guide you through the process of logging in to your online profile to configure your mobile device.
1.) When you make an appointment you will receive a Confirmation Email. Please click on the link within the email for access to your online profile. This profile allows for you to book appointments, message your provider directly, access to your health records, and view your payment history.
2.) Download the ONPATIENT app from the app store. Now, Create your profile and log in to view your information.
3.) Please click on the “Health Profile” link at the top of screen. Complete this form and read and sign our Healthcare Consent Forms.
4.) WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARRIVE FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT?
When arriving at our office for your appointment please complete the following:
- Open the app
- Click on the APPOINTMENTS tab
- Click on “CHECK IN”
- Answer the questions for “Reasons For Visit”.